Since I was tagged by this lovely lady I decided to jump on board for this fun little game.
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
5. Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
6. No tag backs.
7. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
Eleven Things About Me:
1. I have two nicknames. Most of my friends and family call me Liz but my college friends call me Libby. I'm not sure exactly how that started but freshman year the name caught on.
2. I once set off an alarm at the Louvre. Yep, that's right. I was peering over a rope to look in a mirror (this would be in high school so I'm sure I was checking my hair) and it triggered the alarm. A handful of french guards came running towards me and I couldn't understand a thing they were saying. It was kinda scary in a funny kinda way.
3. I have never broken a bone in my body.
4. Without my glasses or contacts I am legally blind. I've worn glasses since fifth grade and these days prefer contacts. I feel like I see better out of them although every once in awhile you'll see me in glasses.
5. Joshua was born so fast that everyone missed it! We had to call the family and let them know that he had arrived. He came into this world less than forty minutes after arriving at the hospital.
6. I cannot sing. Like, at all. It's really scary. Breaking glass scary.
7. While I can't sing I did practice piano (Suzuki) for several years. Unfortunately, I pretty much haven't played the piano since high school. I can still read music though (sort of).
8. I'm really really excited to move. I think I'm most excited about designing and arranging the inside of my new home. I dream about it at night. Think lots and lots of white.
9. When I was 7 months pregnant with Jonas I went for a walk and our dog freaked out and jumped on the door and accidentally (or so I hope) locked me out. I had no key, no phone and no neighbors were home so I lifted myself up to a raised window and climbed in over the kitchen sink. I really hope no one saw me....I'm sure it was quite a sight.
10. Another great pregnant moment was when I rocked it out 8 months pregnant in Telluride for two nights of Phish. I played the pregnancy to my advantage and we actually got pretty close AND I was able to take my camera in.
11.My favorite color is turquoise (and yellow) and my favorite stone is also turquoise. It reminds me of my grandparents. Every year they spent half their time in New Mexico and our family would occasionally visit. I have inherited some great turquoise over the years and I also inherited my grandfather's passion for jewelry making. When my grandmother passed away last year I inherited his collection of tools and metal. Now I just need to take a class to tackle the metalsmithing end of things.
Questions from Caitlin:
1. If you had to be any cartoon character, which would it be? I would love to be Buzz Light Year.
2. Are you a dog, cat, gerbil, or no-pet person? Dog, all the way.
3. Imagine that at 12 years old, you had to decide all the tattoos you were ever going to get in your life. What would you have wanted to get tattooed at that time? If you don't like tattoos just suspend belief and tell me what you were really into at age 12. Geez, 12. That seems so long ago. Although by then my brother had become a huge influence especially musically. I was very very into the Doors, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and the Dead. I probably would have had a Doors one, a dancing bear, a VW Beetle and probably a sun or something astrological.
4. What is your favorite breakfast food? Huevos Rancheros
5. If you could have any animal as a pet, with no concerns for personal danger or money, what would it be? probably a dog. I think keeping "wild" animals as pets is inhumane. They belong in the wild.
6. What TV show could you watch over and over again? Dexter, Law and Order, SG1, Battle Star Galactic (new version)
7. What movie did you watch over and over again? Last of the Mohicans
8. What are your top 3 favorite blogs to read? this is hard because I love way more than three! Right now my top reads are To Make Love Stay, Here's Looking at Me Kid, Bleubird, Sometimes Sweet, Oh Dear Drea, TART, Katie's Pencil Box, The Fairest
9. Who is your least favorite actor/actress? Keanu Reeves, except in Point Break. I liked him in that.
10. What's the furthest distance you've ever driven on one trip? North Carolina. I've done it a few times just me and the kids. A fun challenge. We almost drove to Maine (yep, just me and the boys and six months pregnant) but last minute I decided to fly into Boston and drive up. Equally challenging with kids ;)
11. If you had no concerns about what you looked like or how people would judge you when you walked out the door, what would you wear? um, jammies of course! and maybe my wedding dress one day. i feel bad that i'll never wear it again. i loved that dress!
1. What is your favorite place you have visited?
2. If you could name only one favorite band who would it be?
3. What's sitting on your nightstand right now?
4. Name one tv show you love and one you can't stand.
5. What's the most adventuresome thing you've done on your own?
6. If you had the chance to rename yourself what name would you choose and why?
7. What is your dream job?
8. What's your favorite workout? If you don't workout what would your favorite workout be?
9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
10. What do you picture yourself doing 20 years from now?
11. What is your favorite style of art (contemporary, surrealism, cubism, impressionism, ect.)
And I tag Megan, Ivana, Morgan, Steph, Antoinette, Cindy, Jessica, Abra, Stephanie, Chellsea, Erica
I hope I didn't tag anyone who's already been tagged ;)